Brandt Redd is an expert in the application of Information Technology to support learning, discovery, and research. In the education field he seeks to apply principles of personalized learning to improve achievement for all students.
As Education Technology Strategist associated with EdMatrix.org, Brandt helps clients develop and refine their technology strategies, provides industry insights, informs application of technology standards, and supports invention of new EdTech offerings.
Find Brandt on the Web
OfThat Blog, Education, Technology, Energy, and Trust
EdMatrix Catalog of Education Technology Standards
Brandt's Bollard Blog
Select Career Achievements
- Directed the development and deployment of the SmarterApp suite of open source student assessment technology for the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium.
- Co-Conceived and launched the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Developed the Personalized Learning Model to guide the educational technology strategy for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Created an effective and simple IT Operations strategy for the Buzz Learning System at Agilix Labs.
- Achieved three patents and developed the intellectual property strategy for Ancestry.com.
- Co-invented the search algorithm for Folio Views (now known as Rocket Folio) at Folio Corporation.
- Co-Founded two successful companies - Folio Corporation and Agilix Labs.
- Education Technology Strategy
- Assessment Technology
- Metadata and Data Modeling
- Educational Data Formats and Protocols
- Information Technology and Software Engineering
- Data Security and Cryptography
- Information Search and Retrieval
- Business Process Automation
- BS, Computer Science, Brigham Young University, 1990
- MBA, Emphasis: Organizational Communication, Brigham Young University, 1994
- 2013-Present: Chief Information Officer/CTO, Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
- 2010-2013: Senior Technology Officer - US Education Program, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- 2001-2010: Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Agilix Labs, Inc.
- 1998-2001: Chief Scientist, Ancestry.com
- 1996-1998: Sr. Director, Advanced Technology, Open Market Inc.
- 1986-1996: Co-Founder and Core Developer, Folio Corporation
- US 20040059864 Systems and Methods for Storing and Retrieving data in a web server environment
- US 20040059757 Systems and Methods for Partitioning Data on Multiple Servers
- US 8019719 Systems and Methods for Partitioning Data on Multiple Servers
Family, Learning, Mountains, Skiing, Programming, Photography, Hiking, Engineering, Disney, Beaches, Chocolate, Lakes, Reading, Cycling, Church, Snow, Travel, Electronics, Legos, Dogs, Games, Trees, Aircraft, Dance, Bollards, Trust.