Brandt Redd is an expert in the application of Information Technology to support learning, discovery, and research. In the education and training fields he seeks to apply principles of personalized learning to improve achievement for all students.
EdMatrix Creator and Coordinator
Secretary, IEEE Learning Technology Standards Committee
Find Brandt on the Web
OfThat Blog, Education, Technology, Energy, and Trust
EdMatrix Directory of Learning Technology Standards
Brandt's Bollard Blog
Select Career Achievements
- Directed the development and deployment of the SmarterApp suite of open source student assessment technology for the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium.
- Co-Conceived and launched the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Developed the Personalized Learning Model to guide the educational technology strategy for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Created an effective and simple IT Operations strategy for the Buzz Learning System at Agilix Labs.
- Achieved three patents and developed the intellectual property strategy for Ancestry.com.
- Co-invented the search algorithm for Folio Views (now known as Rocket Folio) at Folio Corporation.
- Co-Founded two successful companies - Folio Corporation and Agilix Labs.
- Learning Technology Strategy
- Assessment Science and Technology
- Metadata and Data Modeling
- Learning Data Formats and Protocols
- Information Technology and Software Engineering
- Data Security and Cryptography
- Information Search and Retrieval
- Business Process Automation
- BS, Computer Science, Brigham Young University, 1990
- MBA, Emphasis: Organizational Communication, Brigham Young University, 1994
- 2019-Present: CTO MatchMaker Education Labs
- 2013-2018: Chief Information Officer/CTO, Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
- 2010-2013: Senior Technology Officer - US Education Program, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- 2001-2010: Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Agilix Labs, Inc.
- 1998-2001: Chief Scientist, Ancestry.com
- 1996-1998: Sr. Director, Advanced Technology, Open Market Inc.
- 1986-1996: Co-Founder and Core Developer, Folio Corporation
- US 20040059864 Systems and Methods for Storing and Retrieving data in a web server environment
- US 20040059757 Systems and Methods for Partitioning Data on Multiple Servers
- US 8019719 Systems and Methods for Partitioning Data on Multiple Servers
Family, Learning, Mountains, Skiing, Programming, Photography, Hiking, Engineering, Disney, Beaches, Chocolate, Lakes, Reading, Cycling, Church, Snow, Travel, Electronics, Legos, Dogs, Games, Trees, Aircraft, Dance, Bollards, Trust.